Call for Papers
New online submission! http://cams.sevt.org
The Sport Entertainment & Venues Tomorrow conference brings together industry and academic leaders of the sport and entertainment industry. The conference provides an unmatched opportunity to interact with current and future industry leaders, to exchange ideas, to explore research opportunities, and to develop the type of industry/academic interaction that leads to advances in many fields of study.
The conference invites submission of extended abstracts from faculty members as well as doctoral students on a variety of applied, theoretical, and conceptual research topics in sport and other forms of entertainment (e.g. Live performance, theater, music, dance, film, arts, etc.). Industry professionals from all of these fields are also encouraged to submit extended abstracts of academic papers.
- Best Paper - winner will receive $300 and complimentary registration to the next SEVT Conference.
- Best Student Paper - winner will receive $300 and complimentary registration to the next SEVT Conference.
Extended abstracts and papers will be categorized by topic(s) and may include, but are not limited to, the following areas of sport and/or entertainment:
- Economics and Finance
- Public Funding for Venues
- Marketing, Advertising and Promotion
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Ticketing and Guest Services
- Facility Management
- Event Management and Production
- Information Technology
- Legal Issues
- Risk Management
SEVT considers abstracts describing completed original research that has not been concurrently submitted for consideration to another conference or has been previously presented at another conference. Submitted abstracts and papers should not be of work published prior to submisstion deadline. Upon submission, make note of the type of presentation desired using the descriptions listed below:
- 25-minute oral presentation including questions
- 60-minute full session (symposium, roundtable or workshop)
- 60-minute poster presentation
- Abstracts must be submitted through the SEVT online submission system - http://cams.sevt.org
- Abstracts should be no longer than two single-spaced pages (including references).
- Abstracts should not include figures or tables.
- Abstracts should include all aspects of the study (i.e., objectives, methods, analysis, results).
- Abstracts should be formatted using guidelines from the latest edition of the APA Manual.
Submission indicates the intent of the presenter(s) to register at the appropriate registration fee.
All abstracts must be received by Friday, September 14, 2018 (11:59 PM EDT).
All abstracts will undergo a double blind review process. Submitting authors will be notified by email of a decision by Friday, October 5, 2018.
*Once your abstract has been accepted make sure to register by the early registration deadline: October, 15, 2018.